Fabulous Peach Cobbler (Gluten Free)
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Bake Time: 45 Minutes
7 – 8 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
3 Tbsp butter, sliced into pats
¼ – ½ cup organic unrefined coconut sugar (depending on sweetness desired)
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup tapioca pearls (to thicken the juice)
1¼ cup King Arthur Flour gluten free pie crust mix
6 Tbsp butter
Almond milk (or whatever you prefer)
* Follow the directions for making my pie crust or use your favorite one.
- Place pie crust mix in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour until the butter is the size of peas.
- One Tbsp at a time, add enough water to allow dough to stick together.
- Press dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Put the peaches into an 8 X 8 glass baking dish.
- Evenly distribute over the peaches the butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon and tapioca.
- Roll out dough so that it fits inside the dish and covers the peaches completely.
- Brush milk over crust so that it will brown when baking.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350°F
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe by: Melissa J. Cornish